[Magma] leftover sessions and more

Chris Muller afunkyobject at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 27 22:50:40 UTC 2003

Ok, I tried a fresh 3.5 image and it appears to work..  However, in addition to
cleaning up my proxies, I also had to call:

  MaVirtualInstanceVariableContainer reset

Once I did this, and then a Smalltalk garbageCollect, it reported 0 instances
of MagmaSession.  Yaaaayyy!

I'll look into the virtual inst var container.  You may have found a bug!
Thank you!

Here is the script again, I had some typos in it last time, sorry..

	| filename s |
	Transcript cr; show: MagmaSession allInstances size printString, ' instances
of MagmaSession.'.
	filename _ 'c:\temp\test.magma'.
	MagmaRepositoryController create: filename root: Dictionary new.
	s _ MagmaSession openLocal: filename.
	s connectAs: 'martin'.
	s commit: [ s root at: 'test' put: MagmaCollection new ].
	s commit: [ (s root at: 'test') addIndex: (MaSearchStringIndexDefinition
attribute: #name keySize: 64) ].
	s disconnect; closeRepository.
	MaOdbmsProxy allInstances do: [ : each | each become: String new ].
	Smalltalk garbageCollect.
	Transcript cr; show: MagmaSession allInstances size printString, ' instances
of MagmaSession.'.

Regards,
  Chris

Ok, I tried to change my script after my test and see I left remnants of its
former form.  Sorry about that.