New and confused

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Fri Aug 29 05:58:23 UTC 2003

Hi

In certain smalltalk such as S# and GNU Smalltalk you edit a script to
specify the files/packages that have to be loaded at boot.

In Squeak you have to remove from the image what you do not need (we
are working to get a solution based on load scripts to create an
image), then you ship the image (without the changes and sources
methods) and a virtual machine. People use some batch or OS script so
that the enduser does not have to worry.

Stef