Dynabook Usability

Gary McGovern zeppy at australia.edu
Fri Aug 29 14:50:16 UTC 2003

Sorry about the complaint in my last email. There were quite a few that
were on the way before I wrote.

The problem I would have with these flexible displays, would be if they
were left in your pocket when doing the washing !!! But that's a different
story. :-)

With Squeak being image based, I thought it would be good to have many
pages of already opened projects,an already viewed and stored website on a
few pages, maybe you email opened on a page, your newsgroups on another,
MP3s on another page, dvd mobvies on another page and all you do is flip to
the page you want to go to instead of click, click, click, load and unload.
And why do people have multiple screens, and why do Linux users like
multiple desktops. And isn't it easier for schoolchildren to use an
exercise book rather than a slate, (or are exercise books obsolete now,
maybe I'm getting too old).

I feel like a lamb to the slaughter sometimes, but that's what I like about
this list, being humbled.

Bye!
Gary