Squeaklets

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sat Aug 30 14:23:54 UTC 2003

Jeff Longland wrote:

> Since the topic has come up, I'd be quite interested in the different ways
> Squeak projects can be distributed.  What is the opinion of everyone on the
> list for the ideal way to distribute Squeak?  I've read about saving changes
> within your project and loading the project using Squeakland's plugin...
> But I'd be interested in knowing more about creating a customized image and
> distributing projects?

It depends on the audience. I was just talking with Andreas and Kim Rose about
making some easy way for the Squeakland (plugin) users to have projects that
include a number of other projects.

If you're just trying to make a package that includes code, other resources, and
maybe projects as well, and will be loading it into a regular Squeak image, you
should probably use a SAR. You can now put projects into SARs.