About ESUG 2003

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Sun Aug 31 06:59:20 UTC 2003

Hi all

Just a small email to let you know that ESUG'2003
http://esug2003.esug.org/ was exciting and that we will prepare soon
the next edition. Pay attention the dates will certainly change a bit
to be in early september (Some of you we have no reason anymore not to
attend ;). We got 92 participants. Besides the regular attendees, we
got a lot of newcomers this year.  ESUG also sponsored 15 student
volunteers from all over the world. The conference avenue was simply
beautiful.
We got 5 excellent invited talks from Corporate Marketing,
Embedded-Smalltalk in 100k, New Tools to Smalltalk for .Net. We got for
the first time an academic track and the articles are about to be
publish in the Journal Computer Languages. We got also a lot of demos
made by the attendees: Monticello, Ginsu, Garden, BrowserUnit,
CodeCrawler, GNUSmalltalk, StepTalk... This was great.

Please have a look at for a summary of the talks:
	http://wiki.eranova.si/esug/Talk+Notes+And+Slides

For the next edition we want to have more *experience reports* to show
that **YOU** use Smalltalk for successful solutions in industry, we
plan also to add a *business track* where customers can testimony
why they use Smalltalk. We are looking for *tutorials*.

ESUG will rethink completely its web site so that the community can be
in contact with itself. Be prepared to fill our new wiki with all the
link to your user groups or mailing-list.

The ESUG Board  [|]

Thanks our sponsors: www.eranova.si, www.comtron.si,
www.fja-odateam.com, www.exept.de, www.cincom.com/smalltalk,
www.bedarra.com