An '*?%&$' mood

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Mon Dec 1 09:38:02 UTC 2003

Hannes Hirzel <hannes.hirzel.squeaklist at bluewin.ch> wrote:
> goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:
> > 2. SM2 is actually in beta (not alpha), but I can tell you people: I
> > have had ZERO feedback on it. So my conclusion is that obviously all of
> > you out there don't really want it! Otherwise you would be helping me
> > with testing it, right? Perhaps I should simply drop it all.
>
> Not actually!
> Zero feedback could mean it works OK  ;-)

Hehe, not bloody likely. :) And even so - then you should tell me.

> The problem is probably that we don't know what you expect
> us to test. Your indications on this were rather general ...

Well, the web UI is here:

http://anakin.bluefish.se/sm

Go there, log in, mess around, add/remove releases, add/remove
co-maintainers, add/delete packages, hey - even add delete accounts!
Tutti la frutti, go berzerk!

And try the load script I posted with the new Package Loader. I have
just resolved some problems with the help of Avi. There is one known
issue I am working at that you should be aware of:

When "load updates from net" (or when opening package loader which does
precisely that), it might trigger a regeneration of an ImageSegment on
the server. And that *should* only take a few seconds - but there is a
bug somewhere making it take as long as up to 2 minutes.

Ehrm. So, if it seems to "hang", just alt-. it, drink some coffee and
try again later. This can also make "changes" in the map using the web
UI "hang", since the regeneration is done in a critical:-block.

Anyway, hopefully I have resolved this bug during the day and then you
can get at it again.

> Regards
> Hannes

regards, Göran