SM2 Testing (was [BUG] SM2 Burps after loading Breakpoint support or ColorDevTools)

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Tue Dec 2 15:01:17 UTC 2003

"Thomas A Petersen" <tpeterse at csc.com> wrote:
> Goran,
>
> [snip...]
> > Stop right there. :) ...
> [snip...]
> > 7. SqueakMap2 - A load script which will update your 3.6/3.7 image to
> SqueakMap2.
> [snip...]
>
> Based on your guidance, here's what I did:
>
> 1.   Start Squeak 37a 5566 image fresh out of the zip file.
>
> 2.   Iconofy the welcome window by clicking the upper right corner
>
> 3.   World menu | open | Package Loader
>
> 4.   Select 'SqueakMap2 (->0.9)'
>
> 5.   Right Click | Install
>             Lots of progress bars and trundling.  Very good....
>             Received alert 'Error occured durring install:
> AnObsoleteSMCard>>notInstalled'
>             coicked OK
>      There appears to be a new package loadere here.

Hmmm, I think that was "noteInstalled" btw. Yes, this is the old
install-process which suddenly is running "old code" and barfs.
Harmless.

And I assume you actually got the new package loader (the one with the
tree view with releases below the packages). Just checking. :)

The package loader is very similar to the old one - it does have caching
though (try doing download and then followed by an install - you should
notice it doesn't download the second time). You can also see the cache
on disk below "sm" dir.

I added a little silly feature with which you can add the contents of
the list into the paste buffer - can be handy when someone asks "What do
you have installed?". :)

We should btw IMHO add a standard API somewhere which gives a complete
(as complete as can be) description of the image:

- VM version
- OS version?
- Image version + update level
- All installed releases