About Flow in Squeak 3.X

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Tue Dec 2 21:21:04 UTC 2003

Hi Stef--

> Thanks craig for this email. My gut feeling impression is that 4.0 is
> far in the future for me.

	Does that mean that if there were a minimal-snapshot-plus modules
system available right now, it would still be a while before you could
use it? Just curious.

> So may be if someone is willing to do that it would be a good idea to
> have Flow sooner.

	I actually think it'd be better to obviate any reasons to stay with the
accreted snapshot. :)  Making major changes in the old snapshot will
just slow that down.

> I understand that you want to focus on something else, still I'm a
> bit afraid that this will not happen (but may be this is my dark
> face that is talking).

	Well, it's already happening from a technical perspective. :)  I guess
there's some question as to whether it'll be Squeak or something else,
sure. That's part of the planning I'd like to do now.

	thanks again,

-C

--
Craig Latta