moving my source code

raymondasselin at sympatico.ca raymondasselin at sympatico.ca
Wed Dec 3 02:00:18 UTC 2003

> I have written some code in Smalltalk.
> Mostly it is in my own set of classes but there are a few
> additions to standard classes and even one instance variable
> added to a standard class.
>
> How do I file out all of these classes and other changes so that
> they can later be filed into a virgin squeak image?

Hi Ralph you will found information on what you are looking for at this address

http://beta4.com/squeak/aubergines/docs/packageinfo.html

But remember to always search on Minnow http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/ where lots
of stuff is...when there, just make a search.

- PackageInfo give you the way to declare the code you add.  This mean your own set of
classes, or the additions of methods you made to standard classes.  I don't think you can
declare just one instance variable added to a standard classe.

- Monticello is a package on Squeak Map which can extract from your image all the code you
'mark' with the convention of packageInfo and release that code as a 'package' which can be
distributed and reloaded as will in differents image.

Don't hesitate to ask further questions if needed on this list.