In Workspace, when coding, how to list only methods avaialable for an Object(in popup)

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Wed Dec 3 15:29:22 UTC 2003

On December 2, 2003 11:42 am, Ned Konz wrote:
> On Tuesday 02 December 2003 12:09 am, Milan Zimmermann wrote:
> > I use the Class Browser (Alt-b for me), but it only shows methods
> > available on the class I am browsing, not the superclasses .. so if I
> > want to find a name of method on "TextMorph" that changes color, I do not
> > see it ... i can walk up the class hiererachy in the browser and
> > eventually find a "color:" method in Morph but that is too lenghty. I use
> > the "Method Finder", but to find methods defined in superclass again
> > requires knowledge of the class hierarchy.
>
> Try using Scott's wonderful Protocol Browser (alt-P) which shows the entire
> protocol of the class (flattened), along with searching, filtering, and a
> "back" button.

Thanks, I tried this ... it is really useful and basically what i was looking
for in terms of functionality. I still would love to have the right panel of
this browser available on CTRL-q right where i am coding (without having to
go through several keyboard and mouse steps ) :D but it's good! Thanks Milan