[Q] browser plugin for MSIE 6 / Firebird

Michael Rueger michael at squeakland.org
Thu Dec 4 17:09:25 UTC 2003

Andreas Raab wrote:

> Mike and I have been investigating the problem and it looks as if the
> installer doesn't register the plugin properly. We're still investigating

We found it and the reason seems to be: no good deed goes unpunished.
The problem only seems to occur if you
- deinstall and old version of the plugin
- while you have IE open.

This prevents the ActiveX control from being deleted and the installer
doesn't register it again on the install.

Sounds complicated? Ask Andreas, who spend a while in figuring out all
the combinations of wind direction and mouse positions causing this ;-)

I've uploaded a new installer that forces the ActiveX control to be
installed everytime, this seems to fix the problem at least on our machines.

Michael