Can't build Monticello Packages

Germán S. Arduino gsa at softhome.net
Sat Dec 6 15:42:27 UTC 2003

Hello:

I'm playing a bit with Monticello, trying to pass all my projects to
monticello format, but I can't to build the packages (.mcz).

The full stack is:

MessageNotUnderstood: binary
6 December 2003 12:29:27 pm
VM: Win32 - Squeak3.6 of '6 October 2003' [latest update: #5424]
Image: Squeak3.5 [latest update: #5180]
UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
Receiver: nil
Arguments and temporary variables:
aMessage: a Message with selector: #binary and arguments: #()
Receiver's instance variables:
nil
ZipArchive>>writeTo:
Receiver: a ZipArchive
Arguments and temporary variables:
stream: nil
member: nil
Receiver's instance variables:
members: an OrderedCollection(a ZipStringMember(package) a
ZipStringMember(vers...etc...
centralDirectorySize: nil
centralDirectoryOffsetWRTStartingDiskNumber: nil
zipFileComment: ''
writeCentralDirectoryOffset: 0
writeEOCDOffset: 0
MCMczWriter>>flush
Receiver: a MCMczWriter
Arguments and temporary variables:
Receiver's instance variables:
stream: nil
zip: a ZipArchive
MCMczWriter class>>fileOut:on:
Receiver: MCMczWriter
Arguments and temporary variables:
anObject: a MCVersion
aStream: nil
inst: a MCMczWriter
Receiver's instance variables:
superclass: MCWriter
methodDict: a MethodDictionary(#addString:at:->a CompiledMethod (3008)
#flush->...etc...
format: 134
instanceVariables: #('zip')
organization: ('visiting' visitPackage: visitSnapshot: visitVersionInfo:)
('ser...etc...
subclasses: nil
name: #MCMczWriter
classPool: nil
sharedPools: nil
environment: a SystemDictionary(lots of globals)
category: nil

--- The full stack ---
UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
ZipArchive>>writeTo:
MCMczWriter>>flush
MCMczWriter class>>fileOut:on:
[] in MCCacheRepository(MCFileBasedRepository)>>storeVersion:
MCCacheRepository(MCDirectoryRepository)>>writeStreamForFileNamed:do:
MCCacheRepository(MCFileBasedRepository)>>storeVersion:
MCCacheRepository>>storeVersion:
MCVersion>>addToCache
MCVersion>>initializeWithPackage:info:snapshot:
MCVersion class>>package:info:snapshot:
MCVersion class>>package:info:
MCWorkingCopy>>newVersionWithName:message:
[SNIP HERE]

I'm using the Small-Land image, but I think that this isn't a issue. I
remember that DGD, when was adding swiki support to Monticello has got the
same error due to malformatted url's (ending with a blank after the last
slash or so).

Any help will be appreciated.

gsa.