About 3.7

Yoshiki Ohshima Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Sun Dec 7 03:40:24 UTC 2003

  Thank you, Stéphane,

> >   What I would like Doug and Guides to do is to freeze the update for
> > a moment so that I can make a compatible version with the latest
> > alpha.  Otherwise, every little conflict beats me and it would never
> > get merged.
>
> My point of view is the following:
> Ok we should do the same as with babel. Decide when we want to introduce
> m17n, give it more priority, commit it and check.
>
> Now other people should agree on that.

  Good.

> So the most important point is when do you have the time to do that
> because
> we may have problems once it gets in and then having you available
> could be important.

  This is very unfortunate timing.  Not this week, probably around the
end of the year?

> >   And, please do use the latest m17n package even if you don't need
> > any of extended characters.  The change is supposed to be more or less
> > transparent for the 7-bit character set users.  For 8-bit users, it
> > isn't exactly...
>
> What is the size of the changes?
> Can other people review it? Diego? Andreas? Doug? Marcus?

  Again, the package is on the web.  You can unzip it and read it.
The all change sets are about 1.5MB.  Not all of this are methods that
represents real 'changes'.  It includes the biggish tables (~ 360K),
and trivial re-write of methods with 8-bit chars (~ 200K) in .sources
file.  Also the changes superseded by Babel (~ 80K) doesn't have to be
there.

  Thank you again,

-- Yoshiki