mac vm 3.7.0b2

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Mon Dec 8 01:06:51 UTC 2003

The current mac vm's use the unix network code so they should exhibit
the same behavior as the the unix VM.
You could try the classic mac VM, by showing the applications contents
and double clicking on the Squeak 3.7.0b2 Classic found
in the MacOSClassic subfolder. That still uses Open Transport, which is
I suspected layered on the BSD Socket code. Still it might
be interesting to see if they have the same thruput numbers.

On Dec 7, 2003, at 4:58 PM, Avi Bryant wrote:

> On Dec 7, 2003, at 4:51 PM, Phil Hargett wrote:
>
>> Interesting.  So, if my Mac Carbon VM on 10.3 is still only yielding
>> ~50 requests per second with Seaside, is that still likely a
>> networking issue (PowerBook G4 867MHz)?
>
> FWIW, I got the best results by:
> - using the unix VM
> - killing the UI process (Project uiProcess suspend)

===