[BUG][FIX] StarBrowser package incompatible with SM2

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Mon Dec 8 10:22:51 UTC 2003

Ned Konz <ned at squeakland.org> wrote:
> On Saturday 06 December 2003 7:14 am, Simon Michael wrote:
> > > You just don't have the SqueakMap integration in StarBrowser.
> >
> > Hi Ned,
> >
> > the StarBrowser 5 package on SM includes SBSqueakMap.st. I'm not trying
> > to use that at present, just trying to install SB using the Package
> > Loader after upgrading to SM2.
>
> Right. The postscript loads the other packages (look at install/postscript).
> You can edit this and run it.
>
> I hope to have a new StarBrowser version Real Soon Now (meaning: I've got to
> package it). Or if someone wants to help with this job, please contact me.

Just so you know - in SM2 SMCard is now called SMPackage. It should be
more or less backwards compat.
All methods containing the word "card" has been renamed using "package"
- some of the old ones are still there though and might still work.

There was also some issue mentioned regarding #installedVersionOf: etc -
haven't looked myself, there is a richer API for these kind of queries
depending on if the map is available or not. I could revise SM2 if I
have accidentally removed some method that you would like to still use,
if it seems sensible.

regards, Göran