[BUG] Two SqueakMap instances in SM2 installation

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Mon Dec 8 10:38:25 UTC 2003

Ned Konz <ned at squeakland.org> wrote:
> Actually, I'm not sure that this is a bug, but...
>
> 3.7alpha image; loaded SM2 from the SM loader. Mac OS/X, 3.7.0Beta1 VM.
>
> Now I see that there are *two* SMSqueakMap instances in my image, one of which
> refers to a cache directory that doesn't exist.
>
> One refers to '/home/sm/sm/cache', which doesn't exist on my system.
>
> The other, which has an OK path, refers to 'USER:Squeak:sm:cache'.
>
> Is this a problem?

It shouldn't be and the first one you mention should disappear if you
gc.
This has to do with the current ImageSegment-hack - when updating the
second map gets read from the downloaded ImageSegment, and then stuff is
copied over into the map you have.

regards, Göran

PS. If it doesn't disappear after a gc I want to know about it.