[TFNR] Volunteers so far

Tansel tansel at squeakonline.com
Mon Dec 8 10:50:09 UTC 2003

Hi Stef,

> hi tansel
>
> nice to see you again

Thanks

> what are the news of squeaknews?

Long story. In August a financier stepped in to finance all our Squeak
related activities including Squeak News but due to a serious problem in his
business he had to postpone investment. I am waiting for his OK to make a
big announcement soon. His last word is late December. Until then I am very
much in "just hangin on" survival mode so I am even saving my voice ;).

> > Wouldn't make a lot of difference. I just want to make Scamper a world
> > class
> > browser (and more) that you wouldn't need another to get out of Squeak
> > browse the web.
>
> Do you **really** want to do that? Have you looked at the code of Jon
> island
> which was working in 2.8 I guess...His browser looked cool

I haven't yet but if it is still available somewhere I will when we start
the project. When we do what we want with Scamper it will also look very
cool as you know I am very much into colorful and easy to use things. Of
course after Scamper I will volunteer to polish Celeste as well. These are
essential for our future strategy.

> Stef

Cheers,

Tansel