Gentoo AMD64 32bit build problems

Jimmie Houchin jhouchin at texoma.net
Tue Dec 9 13:38:52 UTC 2003

Hell Ned and Tim,

Thanks for your replies.

Ned Konz wrote:
> On Monday 08 December 2003 7:02 pm, Jimmie Houchin wrote:
>>Ned Konz wrote:
>>>On Friday 05 December 2003 8:10 am, Jimmie Houchin wrote:
[snip]

>>I did that and did a VMMaker run, but I have no configure script in the
>>/platforms/unix/config/ directory.
>>
>>I have a configure.ac but can't get autoconf to do anything with it.
>>I'm not sure how to use autoconf.
>>
>>I've done both:
>>
>>./autoconf
>>./autoconf configure.ac
>
> Ah, you missed the secret makefile...
>
> cd platforms/unix/config
> make
> cd ../../..
> mkdir build
> cd build
> ../platforms/unix/config/configure
> make

Okay. I thought I had done something like that.
I cycled through bashes history and found I did:
make config
which was unsuccessful.

make    worked.

[snip]
> start squeak again
>
> set platforms path to /home/ned/Squeak/VM/cvstest/squeak/platforms
> set platform to unix
> set src path to /home/ned/Squeak/VM/cvstest/squeak/src

mine are similar and set to
/usr/src/squeak/platforms
/usr/src/squeak/src

> say "make all internal"; much more successful.
>
> Say "generate all".
> Save and quit.

Did that.

Then...

root at ... bld # ../platforms/unix/config/configure
checking sanity of VMMaker src directory... bad
missing file: /usr/src/squeak/src/plugins.ext

So I...
root at ... bld # nano -w /usr/src/squeak/src/plugins.int

slightly edit and rename plugins.ext

Then...

root at ... bld # ../platforms/unix/config/configure
checking sanity of VMMaker src directory... bad
missing dir: /usr/src/squeak/src/plugins

Is there really supposed to be a plugins directory there?

I have a plugins dir in .../Cross and .../unix.

Thanks for your help.

Jimmie Houchin