Squeak on a Dreamcast? Other game machines?

John Maloney jmaloney at media.mit.edu
Thu Dec 11 18:44:49 UTC 2003

Back in February there was some talk of getting Squeak running on
the Dreamcast. Has anyone had any luck? I'd love to find out how
you did it. The Dreamcast runs WinCE, but we haven't figured out
how to launch a Squeak VM on it. I did a quick search for "dreamcast"
on the Squeak swiki but got no hits.

I know Squeak runs on an XBox--with a small hardware modification.
What other game machines can it run on?

We're working on educational software written in Squeak for teenagers,
and that age group is very interested in gaming. (At least, the boys are,
and some girls as well.) It would help us get these kids interested in
programming if they could run the resulting program on a game machine.

Many thanks for any leads...

	-- John