About chronology....

Chris Muller afunkyobject at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 13 22:27:55 UTC 2003

> The 1.3 beta introduces support for classes/methods used by Chris
> Muller's
> Magma database. It is my intension to help him migrate to the
> chronology
> package if possible (e.g class Stopwatch) as Chronology clashes with
> Magma.

More specifically, Chronology "clashes" with Ma time objects and Magma uses Ma
time objects.

> 1. I think we should canvas Chris Muller about migrating Magma

I think I would rather clarify the scope of the "clash" and declare the level
of interoperability.  Despite Chronology, Ma time objects can still be useful
in certain situations.

Brent, would you clarify what you mean by "clash"?  From my understanding it is
merely the "convenience" extensions on Number, borrowed from Ma timeobjects:

  3 seconds
  2 minutes
  5 days
  etc.

If this is true, it wouldn't be hard for me to avoid these methods in the Magma
code, instead referencing contructors on the Ma time objects classes.  This
would eliminate the "clash" between Magma and Chronology, right?

 - Chris