things lacking in Squeak

Duane Maxwell dmaxwell at san.rr.com
Tue Dec 16 17:43:48 UTC 2003

RTF is about the closest thing to a universally recognized rich text
format.  Virtually every word processor reads and writes it, and there
are libraries for most programming languages available.  Mac OS X uses
RTF as its primary rich text format - it's what's generated by
TextEdit, and Cocoa has an API for using it.

It's very well documented, though I think that there are few complete
implementations. Format specification is here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/
dnrtfspec/html/rtfspec.asp

-- Duane