Review needed: LargeLists

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Dec 16 19:05:47 UTC 2003

"Brent Vukmer" <bvukmer at blackboard.com> wrote:
> Marcus, Frank - thanks for rounding up this information.
>
> It might be helpful if some kind reviewer would consolidate Ned and Lex's fixes and post something like "[ENH] LargeLists (v.2 with fixes)" to this list.
>
> (I'm not sure if it would literally be version 2 of LargeLists, but you get the idea..

Sorry to be unclear -- The LargeLists package on SqueakMap has no known
bugs nor any extant patches.  The "list-lintupdate-ls" patch actually
needs to be included in the RB package, and I should probably have sent
it to the maintainer instead of to the list.

So give it a spin, guys.  Or, if anyone has been giving it a spin, why
not post a note to BFA saying whether you saw any problems or not?

IMHO, LargeList's not that radical of a change.  It is important to be
cautious about UI widgits used by the debugger itself :), but LargeList
seems to be pretty solid at this point.  Further, if people browse the
description on SqueakMap, I think they will see that it is a natural
extension to Squeak that it would be nice to have around.  Of course I'm
biased, but...  let's make a decision at some point.  If it is going to
stay an external package then it should be written somewhat differently.

-Lex