mac vm 3.7.1b1 (testing)

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Mon Dec 29 09:14:09 UTC 2003

I went backed and looked at the source code, plus ran a test and we
looped over the EventKeyDown/EventKeyChar/EventKeyUp squence

Is Morphic or something else ignoring the extra keyDown/keyUp events?
I'd check up in EventSensor>>processEvent: to see what the
events are that are being pulled from the queue. Given from the class
comments.

Keyboard events are generated when keyboard input is detected.
[1]	- event type 2
[2]	- time stamp
[3]	- character code
		For now the character code is in Mac Roman encoding.
[4]	- press state; integer with the following meaning
		0	-	character
		1	-	key press (down)
		2	- 	key release (up)
[5]	- modifier keys (same as in mouse events)
Now if I look for the press state, and the character code and If I type
the letter 'a' I see

1 97
0 97
2 97

If I do multi-character input I see
1 12377
0 0
2 12377
1 12367
0 0
2 12367
1 12356
0 0
2 12356

You will note on the character press state of zero the macroman
character is 0, meaning I couldn't translate the
unicode of 12377 to a macroman character.

This then is passed to Morphic and I've not looked to see what
happens...

On Dec 29, 2003, at 12:09 AM, HAYASHI, Tetsuya wrote:

> Hello
>
> On 2003/12/19, at 7:51, John M McIntosh wrote:
>
>> For multi-byte character input you get
>> EventKeyDown/EventKeyChar/EventKeyUp for each unicode character
>> coming from the input sequence.
>
> I've tested with 3.7.1 beta2.app and m17n.
> But, it seemed to me that I got event sequences are
> EventKeyDown/EventKeyChar/EventKeyChar/...[actual times]/EventKeyUp
>
> and, those EventKeyChar s are NULL(0). (EventKeyDown and EventKeyUp 's
> charCodes  are set).
> Please, check the logic of event parameter setting from TSM, once
> again.
>
> --
> Tetsuya HAYASHI <tetha at st.rim.or.jp>

===