DVS filein not removing methods

Derek Brans brans at nerdonawire.com
Sat Feb 1 23:48:20 UTC 2003

I want absent methods to be removed.  Isn't a file-out the de-facto
state of a package?  When I do a fileout, I synchronize my file with my
image.  When I filein, I want my image to synchronize with a file.

Instead you're saying that in a filein my image and my file merge.  I've
upgraded Seaside from SM but there are a whole bunch of old methods
hanging around that are confusing.

I have a couple questions:
1. Could you describe a situation where you would want the behaviour
where absent methods are not removed?
2. If I want the behaviour that absent methods are removed (as in the
case of updating someone else's package eg. Seaside), how is this best
done?

Thank you,
Derek

mailto:info at nerdonawire.com