Traits prototype image

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Feb 5 18:21:44 UTC 2003

>> I'm one of the lucky guys working with nathanael here and I can tell
>> you what
>> is really needed for traits :
>>
>>     - a clean classBuilder (we may do that)
>>     - a real clean ***from scratch*** browser that we could use (and
>> not patching
>>     again this BAD browser)
>>     - a real scanner/parser/AST that is not buggy.
>>
> Did you try the RB parser and AST? I found it very usable on several
> occasions.

Hi hans-martin

Yes I look at the ASt and for example the fact that each node knows its
parent is just good.
Then I was REALLY fed up with Squeak AST to be lost in comment node and
stuff like that. I'm tired to lose my time with Squeak.

This is what we will do in the future. I also would suggest Squeak to
throw away the old parser and AST and rebuild everything needed based
on RB parser and AST.

But you know between my wishes and what we obtain there is a gap.

Stef