Traits prototype image

Daniel Joyce daniel.a.joyce at worldnet.att.net
Thu Feb 6 01:33:12 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 05 February 2003 01:09 am, Noury Bouraqadi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I totally agree with you Stephane. I faced the same problems when
> making MetaclassTalk. The classbuilder is not clean at all. And in
> many kernel classes, one can find methods with hundreds of lines and
> hardwirings. This make any experiments with core Squeak classes
> heavy...
>
> Note: My intent is not to blame people who wrote the code, but to
> make Squeak become better...
>
> Noury

Nevermind Morphic, which just seems to keep bloating and bloating.

Anyone up for redoing it?

Wasn't that a project a while ago? To redo morphic? Everyone talks about
design patterns, and refactoring, but no one ever seems to do it in
Squeak.

-Daniel

Squeak is good, but I find the cruft really gets in the way of a lot of
things. I've started using PHP lately, and I really like it for webpage
scripting. It's clean, it works, and it's fast for a scripting host.
Plus conceptually, it's very smalltalky in it's object behaviour.