Traits prototype image

Julian Fitzell julian at beta4.com
Thu Feb 6 07:58:22 UTC 2003

Daniel Joyce wrote:
[...]
> Squeak is good, but I find the cruft really gets in the way of a lot of
> things. I've started using PHP lately, and I really like it for webpage
> scripting. It's clean, it works, and it's fast for a scripting host.
> Plus conceptually, it's very smalltalky in it's object behaviour.

I'm curious about the ways in which you think PHP's objects are
smalltalky.  PHP's object system is one of the more painful object
implementations I've used.  I'm hesitating to say it, but I'm pretty
sure I would rather use C++ objects than PHP objects.

Julian

julian at beta4.com
Beta4 Productions (http://www.beta4.com)