Re-doing Morphic ( Was: Re: Traits prototype image )

Brent Vukmer bvukmer at blackboard.com
Thu Feb 6 14:54:53 UTC 2003

Let's say a team of people ( or one really energetic person ) reworks Morphic to make it simpler, easier to understand, and perhaps faster.  They announce "SonOfMorphic 1.0" to the list and put it on SqueakMap.  How many current Morphic app developers would put in the work to move their app to SonOfMorphic?  How many Project authors would re-do their Projects using SonOfMorphic?  Let's say half of the current authors/developers do so.  Wouldn't that split the efforts of the Squeak community?