Re-doing Morphic

Chris Muller afunkyobject at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 7 04:50:13 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 05 February 2003 01:09 am, Noury Bouraqadi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I totally agree with you Stephane. I faced the same problems when
> making MetaclassTalk. The classbuilder is not clean at all. And in
> many kernel classes, one can find methods with hundreds of lines and
> hardwirings. This make any experiments with core Squeak classes
> heavy...
>
> Note: My intent is not to blame people who wrote the code, but to
> make Squeak become better...

A good start may be to write a good facade to the classBuilder that could
gradually annex the implementation.  If it community accepted it, it could
evolve in just one or two releases to a refactored classBuilder, or any other
part of Squeak, for that matter, that could stand to be factored into an
"engine".