Jornada 720 and morphic menus-Help

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Fri Feb 7 17:53:01 UTC 2003

On Fri, 7 Feb 2003, Just4Fun wrote:

> Is there a way to scroll down a menu popup in morphic? The menu is cut
> off at the bottom of the J-720's screen. I've given up using it because
> I can't get to all of the menu options. I think I must be missing
> something--again... TIA  Rachel

No, you're not really missing anything, Squeak's menus just weren't
designed with 240 pixel-high screens in mind.

On my J720, I reorganized the World menu to accomodate the screen
size better, but there's no scrolling with the menu system like you
mention.  What I've done on images without my menu mod is to make the menu
a stay-up menu, then move it by grabbing it along one of the edges.  You
could also use halos and just slide it to the make the choice visible.

Regards,
Aaron

  Aaron Reichow  ::  UMD ACM Pres  ::  http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
  "corporation, n: an ingenious device for obtaining individual profit
          without individual responsibility."        :: ambrose bierce