Jornada 720 and morphic menus-Help

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Fri Feb 7 19:45:04 UTC 2003

On Fri, 7 Feb 2003, Alan Kay wrote:

> Or you could just overflow sideways to the right with extra columns.
> I don't think there are any menus that wouldn't fit with this
> strategy + you get to see all of the items ...

Saying this reminds me of something with which I was toying.  Taking menu
items and organizing them in a multiple-column list view ala OS X Finder.
Could be thrown in a flap.  Depending on how wide the flap is, it shows
one, two, or more columns at a time.  When you tap on the menu item you
wish to launch, it launches it and collapses the tab.

I've been trying to think of new ways to do task management for Dynapad,
and this is something I was playing around with.

Regards,
Aaron

  Aaron Reichow  ::  UMD ACM Pres  ::  http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
  "civilization is a limitless multiplication of
                unnecessary necessities."                :: mark twain