Jornada 720 and morphic menus-Help

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Fri Feb 7 19:49:13 UTC 2003

On Fri, 7 Feb 2003, Ned Konz wrote:

> On Friday 07 February 2003 11:48 am, Alan Kay wrote:
> > Or you could just overflow sideways to the right with extra
> > columns. I don't think there are any menus that wouldn't fit with
> > this strategy + you get to see all of the items ...
>
> I thought about this, but on the small screens we have some menus that
> are just too large. File selection menus come to mind.
>
> Plus there are the screens that only have 240x480 pixels (or less?).

All PocketPC devices have a teeny screen of 240x320.  With a font like
Lucy, you might be able to get two columns, but a lot of people seem to
think that font is too small.

Regards,
Aaron

  Aaron Reichow  ::  UMD ACM Pres  ::  http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
"a system based on exchanging products inevitably channels wealth to a few, and
   no governmental change will ever be able to correct that."  ::  daniel quinn