Re-doing Morphic ( Was: Re: Traits prototype image )

Joshua 'Schwa' Gargus schwa at cc.gatech.edu
Sat Feb 8 03:33:29 UTC 2003

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 09:48:29PM -0600, Daniel Joyce wrote:
> On Friday 07 February 2003 09:20 am, Brent Vukmer wrote:
> > Daniel why don't you head up a team to re-do Morphic?
>
> Sure, I'd be up for it. Should we hold a list vote for a new list?

I vote against a vote, at least until we have generated sufficient
discussion to justify a whole new list.

The interaction model in Croquet is being written by Andreas and Dave,
and certainly incorporates the lessons learned from writing and living
with Morphic.  Much of the event-handling and scripting code would
work fine in a 2D context as well.  I'm inclined to sit back and wait
for the real Croquet release (is there still a summer release target?)

Joshua