[DOCS] Project "Magic Book"

shane at shaneroberts.com shane at shaneroberts.com
Sat Feb 8 18:23:02 UTC 2003

Hannes,
this is great.

I'm not familiar with the term "minnow swiki" is that the same as
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak?

I think we have to be careful about "archiving" the swiki pages, because I notice
they are often referenced by members of the list, and we could produce a lot of
broken links in people's email if we remove pages (or rename their URL).
But perhaps your suggestion of a nomenclature for page titles could be used to
classified "new" and "archived" pages.

I am new to Squeak and Smalltalk, but I have now discovered (with Goran's
encouragement) that the Swiki is VERY useful.

So I agree the Swiki should be maintained, upgraded, and used.

But I also agree with the suggestion that embedded documentation in Squeak is
preferable, and that of course we need to improve code comments, etc.
In particular I think the "magic book" has the potential to introduce naïve users
and new developers to Squeak in an exciting way.

Shane