[DOCS] Project "Magic Book"

Just4Fun Just4Fun000 at msn.com
Mon Feb 10 16:12:18 UTC 2003

>>doing documentation is somewhat
considered to be a ''dummies'' job by many while at the same time in
fact being a hard job.

Personally, I've always thought the reason that support documentation
for various programming languages was so poorly done was because many
programmers tend to be talented in the 'left brain' activities while
somewhat lacking in the 'right brain' areas. Aka. Those who are talented
in math and science are not always talented in the verbal skills areas.

Writing is a talent that should be respected too, and yes, it is every
bit as hard to create technical or non-technical documentation as it is
to create a programming product.

I'm sorry that I don't know enough Squeak to help, but at this point,
I'm following the discussions and working on my knowledge of other
environments. I'm not talented in programming (read that math
challenged); I enjoy the exercise of learning. I need effective
documentation in order to learn a language. I am the programmer's worst
nightmare. I am the person who reads the manuals!

Thanks for trying to do something for the sake of people like me...
Rachel