Spread (was RE: [DOCS] Maximum Squeak - accelerating Squeak and n amed primitives.)

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Mon Feb 10 19:51:38 UTC 2003

On Monday 10 February 2003 11:27 am, Withers, Robert wrote:

> I am now looking at multicast/broadcast key exchange mechanisms and
> SecureSpread was recommended to me.  Isn't that hilarious?

Makes sense to me. But wouldn't my plugin work with Secure Spread?
Just recompile with that library (I guess there's more having to do
with authorization, etc., but it's a start).

> I think that I want to implement this in squeak again, but I will
> probably use the SecureSpread algorithms.  I do want to look at
> your SpreadPlugin. Did you manage to get a distributed object impl
> working?

No, I was waiting for YAML. I was going to work from _why's Ruby
implementation, which uses RACC. Now that we have SqueakCC, perhaps I
can do this.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com