Newbie question re. flaps

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Mon Feb 10 21:32:32 UTC 2003

On Monday 10 February 2003 11:57 am, j s wrote:
> Hi, I am new to Squeak and to Smalltalk and I am
> trying to figure
> everything out.
>
> My question is this.
>
> I dowloaded and installed the SM Package Loader and I
> would like it
> to appear in the parts bin under the "Tools" flap (the
> one with the
> various browsers etc).
>
> I tried picking up the Package Loader window and
> dropping it onto the
> parts bin but it did not "stick" in the parts bin.
>
> How do I go about doing this.
>
> I thank you in advance for any help.
>
> regards
>
> js:)

There's got to be an easier way, but...

Turn on "systemWindowEmbedOK" preference in Preferences panel.

Bring up halo on Tools flap tab. Click on menu button (red/white).

Uncheck "pop out on dragover", check "accept drops".

Bring up halo on a Package Loader. Grab the black "grab" handle. Drop
this on the Tools flap (in the flap area, not on the tab).

Click on the X handle of the halo that's left there for some reason.

Bring up halo on Tools flap tab. Click on menu button (red/white).

Re-check "pop out on dragover" (if you had it checked), uncheck
"accept drops".

Dismiss menu.

--
Ned Konz