Mythical small kernel images?

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Tue Feb 11 08:43:40 UTC 2003

"Alejandro F. Reimondo" <aleReimondo at smalltalking.net> wrote:
> You can also build images with even smaller footprint
>  using and alternative like the SystemTracer.
> Here I attach two images in binary format that
>  can work on win* machines (use FFI during runtime)
>  one of  62kb and the other of 120kb
> They are runtime only, like java programs...
> Ale.

Wow! I have never seen anything like this in Squeak before. Very
impressive!

A humble little question: Is there any chance your work would result in
some little tool for creating such small images? Under Squeak-L?

Hehe. Now if we could get a nice binding with a good crossplatform UI
toolkit (Gtk or wxWindows etc) and a superfast Jitter from Ian and/or
Marcus then Squeak would become REALLY attractive to a lot of
developers. ;-)

regards, Göran

PS. Marcus - how is it going with your project? Just curious. :-)