[DOCS] Project "Magic Book"

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Tue Feb 11 09:58:43 UTC 2003

Ivan Tomek <ivan.tomek at acadiau.ca> wrote:
> I believe that the best chance for documentation is continuous community
> involvement, 'refactoring'. With editable Web-based documents, documentation
> can perhaps converge to a realistic and quality document and I think that
> the Squeak community is capable of that. (As for myself, I am just a lurker
> here for now.)

Personally I think it should *not* be webbased. :-) I would like all the
documentation to be accessible from inside Squeak in an integrated
manner using all the multimedia skills that Squeak has. For example -
look at the TableLayout Project describing as an interactive essay how
that works. (Don't have alink right now)

And I also strongly would consider the
link-documentation-to-the-unit-tests-idea in order to automatically
detect stale documentation.

All this does *not* mean that it shouldn't be collaboratively editable
etc.

regards, Göran