Re-doing Morphic ( Was: Re: Traits prototype image )

Bill Spight bspight at pacbell.net
Tue Feb 11 17:18:10 UTC 2003

Dear Lex,

> I will reply to one bit of philosophy that came up.  It doesn't matter
> if application writers follow the rules of the framework.  We just need
> to make sure the library itself follows them.  It doesn't matter
> whether TetrisMorph is entirely kosher -- it just needs to work.

A couple of newbie comments, if I may:

First, seeing Tetris sitting there in the image, I got the idea that it
was an exemplar of how to work in Morphic. And I still think that that
is a reasonable expectation. If Tetris is not kosher, then by following
it I am likely to break the framework, as any other newbie would be.

Second, yesterday was the first that I had heard about a framework to
break. A few weeks ago I asked about good design in Morphic and did not
get much response (although Ned Konz was helpful. Thanks, Ned! :-)). If
it has rules, where are they? I would very much like to find out about
them.

Best regards,

Bill