[OT] MRAM, spintronics, the future

Göran Hultgren goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Tue Feb 11 20:25:16 UTC 2003

Hi!

Quoting Ivan Tomek <ivan.tomek at acadiau.ca>:
> Goran,
>
> Can you provide some references? And, by the way, what about files as

Well, dmoz.org gave me this promising startpoint:

    http://www.howstuffworks.com/mram.htm

You should find more there.

> backup? Aren't all these memory technologies volatile? You need
> something
> that persists even if all power in the world fails, don't you?

Nope, that is the beauty. These babies don't require voltage to "remember".
And access times are around 1 ns (read in the swedish article) so MRAM can
replace both primary, secondary *and* cache memory for CPUs.

And they are more dense, etc. etc

regards, Göran

Göran Hultgren, goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
GSM: +46 70 3933950, http://www.bluefish.se
\"Department of Redundancy department.\" -- ThinkGeek