A cleaner Morphic for 3.5 (was: Re: Re-doing Morphic ( Was: Re:Traits prototype image ))

Daniel Joyce daniel.a.joyce at worldnet.att.net
Wed Feb 12 01:23:22 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 11 February 2003 04:52 pm, Andreas Raab wrote:

> It could. If you weren't so focused on throwing them out but rather
> focused on make the things you described easily possible. It's funny
> in a way. Even though I can show you that you could be (roughly
> speaking) ten times faster, even though it's probably clear to you
> that it would benefit many people (including you and the kids) if you
> were willing to put that work into the "right" area, you are willing
> to spend much time in an area where - globally speaking - it doesn't
> matter the least bit.

	And that's my argument. To make it easy in eToys requires ease in
Morphic, to make it easy in Morphic requires restructuring morphic,
which may break eToys, which requires fixing eToys....

	You can't fix eToys w/o fixing morphic. It's too ugly.

	eToys is neat, but it should not be the only interface to the system. A
simpler interface to morphic makes a simpler job of supporting and
expanding eToys scripting...

	There is a LOT of ugly glue between morphic, eToys, etc. It needs to be
cleaned out, simplified, etc...

	-Daniel