How does Traits differ from Simonyi's "Intentional Programming" effort?

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Feb 12 08:26:56 UTC 2003

Hi darius

I could not get what was the point of concept programming, sorry.
Please read the papers, and tell us.

traits are not about separating crosscutting concerns. or subclassing
and mixins are about that too. But is it important?

The key point is to realize that traits are simply better than mixins
and that we have a working system!!!
The other important point is traits are SIMPLE. because it is really
easy to come up with a
new wonderful model that does everything (open any oopsla or ecoop
proceedings and you will see
papers that you cannot even summarize and ***nobody*** will ever use
them)

Stef

Prof. Dr. Stéphane DUCASSE (ducasse at iam.unibe.ch)
http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~ducasse/