[DOCS] ColorPicker (was: Re: A cleaner Morphic for 3.5)

Hannes Hirzel hannes.hirzel.squeaklist at bluewin.ch
Wed Feb 12 12:36:02 UTC 2003

Bob Arning  <arning at charm.net> wrote:
> FWIW #2:
>
> You can pick colors outside the palette fairly easily - just mouse down inside the palette and drag the mouse outside.

Thank you Bob for pointing this out.

a) From the user point of view this is a really nifty fearture. I can
get colors from imported images (e.g. the color palette that our
graphical artist came up with) and color Morphs accordingly with ease.

b) From the programmer point of view it was probably even easier to do.

Conclusion:
This example shows how used to the stringent modal UI logic we are. I
have used Morphic for some time now and I never had the idea because I'm
just used to the idea that if I issue a choosing command and something
pops up I have to deal with the thing which pops up and nothing else.

Cheers
Hannes