odd graphics behavior when running FractalPlants

Craig Latta craig.latta at netjam.org
Wed Feb 12 21:23:28 UTC 2003

Hi Brent--

> When I pulled up Windows Task Manager to watch CPU/memory usage, the
> fractal display was immediately painted onto most of my Windows
> desktop -- and the fractal turned into a dense collection of lines
> radiating out from the upper left-hand corner of the screen.

	I get this too (on Win98SE). I get strange behavior regardless of which
VM I use, and regardless of how I install the VM (by relief or some
other means).

	With the normal VM, Squeak's display doesn't repair damage from the
occlusion of other win32 applications, but it doesn't draw outside its
own window. With SqM, I get what you describe whenever I change win32
window focus. I also notice that the plants draw a lot faster with SqM
than with the normal VM.

	So, it looks like we're just seeing more it-just-proof-of-concept
overhead from both FractalPlants and SqM. :)

-C

--
Craig Latta
improvisational musical informaticist