relief

Craig Latta craig.latta at netjam.org
Wed Feb 12 22:56:15 UTC 2003

Hi Torsten--

> I wrote a little Installer tool (39k in size) to download [something
> else which it later runs], so people get a fast feedback on the
> program even if the full download takes more time.

> Tools like the Cygwin package do the same on windows. You just install
> a small "downloader" entertaining the user until the full download is
> finished.

	Yup, that's what I was going for. I even have a version of the web page
where a little fake progress bar fills up while the download happens.
:)  I used this scheme to distribute some large multimedia things I
wrote as Christmas presents (automatically played by Squeak, of course
:). None of the recipients had heard of Squeak before (and probably
still haven't :). It worked great.

-C

--
Craig Latta