RedHat 8.0 dependency issue with Squeak-vm-3.4-gamma1.i386.RPM

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Thu Feb 13 01:46:00 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 12 February 2003 04:09 pm, Chris Becker wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to install the Squeak-vm-3.4-gamma1.i386.RPM package on
> a clean RedHat 8.0 Linux machine and encountered the following
> unresolved dependencies:
>
> 	libX11.so
> 	libXext.so
> 	libm.so
>
> ... but the entire Xfree86 package *is* installed. While searching
> for the above I found the following files:
>
> 	libX11.so.6  and  libX11.so.6.2
> 	libXext.so.6  and  libXext.so.6.4
> 	libm.so
>
> ... so it looks like a version issue but I don't know how to
> resolve it.
>
> Has anyone else run into this problem?

I believe that /sbin/ldconfig should make the symlinks as necessary.
Have you made sure that
* the directory containing the libX* libs and the libm* is in
/etc/ld.so.conf
* you've run (as root)
/sbin/ldconfig -v

and watched it as it finds those libraries? It should make the
necessary symlinks.
--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com