[DISCUSSION] Hidden and Open: O'Keefe as "everyman"

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Thu Feb 13 05:58:16 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 12 February 2003 09:51 pm, Bill Spight wrote:
> Dear Ned,
>
> > On Wednesday 12 February 2003 05:56 pm, Richard A. O'Keefe wrote:
> > > If you make a Tile from a Morph, what is it actually _good_
> > > for, other than Menu|Hand me this object?
> >
> > It can then be used as a noun in eToy scripts.
>
> It can? How? That's precisely what I tried to do yesterday, to no
> avail. (Using drag-and-drop, which worked with other tiles.)

You have to have a sentence already; you can replace its noun
(receiver or object) with the tile. Just drag the tile over the old
noun to change it.

Open a viewer on some other object, and drag out the sentence
"SomeObject start script script1". Drop it on the desktop. Now get a
tile from another object; you can drop that tile on SomeObject and
change the receiver of the start script message.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com