Documentation [was: Morphic tutorial]

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Thu Feb 13 09:35:36 UTC 2003

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003 goran.hultgren at bluefish.se wrote:

> Squeak suffers from lack of a good multi developer source management
> system (which should of course include documentation).

That depends on how loosely you define "good".  DVS + CVS (or SVN
or any of the other standard SCMs out there) actually works quite well;
one of the reasons progress has been so slow on Monticello is that for day
to day work, managing Squeak source in CVS is actually quite practical, so
the itch to improve things isn't there.

And hey, there's even some documentation:
http://beta4.com/squeak/aubergines/docs/dvs.html

All of my publically available Squeak code is accessible through CVS on
sourceforge; I would love to see more people do the same.  Perhaps we
could even set up a public Squeak CVS repository, along the lines of VW's
public StORE repository, as a companion to SqueakMap?

Avi