[DISCUSSION] Hidden and Open: O'Keefe as "everyman"

Mike Thomas miketh at brisbane.paradigmgeo.com
Fri Feb 14 04:05:02 UTC 2003

Hi Ned.

| I just did this successfully:
|
| * make a Rectangle and an Ellipse.
| * open up the Rectangle's viewer.
| * pull out the sentence "Rectangle's color <- {red patch}"
| * drop the sentence on the desktop; it becomes a script.
| * get a tile for the Ellipse.
| * drop the Ellipse tile on the Rectangle's tile in the script
| * run the script: the Ellipse turns red.

I did this and it worked as described.  However, the Scriptee name in the
top row of the script remains as "Rectangle".

What is the implication of that?  For example, is the scriptee really the
rectangle or is it the ellipse?  Is the rectangle just sending a message to
the ellipse?

Is it possible to change the Scriptee name?